The ICAA NuStep Beacon and Pinnacle Awards recognize senior living communities and CEOs that foster an environment that embraces wellness as a way of life for all who live and work there. Using the dimensions of wellness as a foundation, these organizations and leaders partner with residents, members and staff to intentionally create relevant, meaningful opportunities that empower individuals to live better longer.
Self-evaluation pre-application questionnaire
This self-evaluation is designed to identify areas that are important for a successful application. By completing this self-assessment, you’ll be able to determine your own readiness to participate in the award program. A “yes” response for at least 10 out of 12 of the items indicates that you have met the basic requirements and are eligible to apply.
Before you begin, if you are not familiar with the ICAA definition of wellness model, we encourage you to visit: https://www.icaa.cc/business/Wellness-model-.htm.
1. Is wellness a focus in your mission, vision or core value statement?
2. Do you have a dedicated wellness program as part of your culture?
3. Is your wellness programming centered on the dimensions of wellness?
4. Do you provide relevant training for staff and/or support their professional development?
5. Do your marketing materials acknowledge the value of wellness?
6. Are residents or members encouraged to offer ideas, help create and/or drive wellness programming?
7. Do you have interdisciplinary teams and/or supportive services to help residents or members reach their pinnacle of wellness?
8. Do you measure outcomes of your wellness programs?
9. Do you survey residents, members and staff regarding their satisfaction of the wellness programs or the overall culture of wellness at your location?
10. Do you address survey feedback as needed to enhance your wellness programming or the organization’s culture of wellness?
11. Do you have space specifically dedicated to wellness activities at your location?
12. Does your budget include funds specifically earmarked for supporting a wellness culture at your location?