The best in wellness awards recognize senior living communities, community centers (senior centers, parks & recreation facilities, adult day services) that foster an environment that embraces wellness as a way of life. Using the dimensions of wellness as a foundation, these organizations and leaders partner with residents, participants, and staff to create relevant, meaningful opportunities that enable individuals to live longer, and healthier.
Points to consider when applying:
Steps for submission:
Submit your completed application electronically by June 15, 2023.
*Contact first name
*Contact last name
1. How do you know wellness is woven into the fabric of your culture? Provide two examples.
2. How have you incorporated wellness into your marketing strategies? Please upload one example of an external and an internal marketing strategy that has been implemented (brochures and or marketing materials).
3. How do you measure engagement or participation by both your participants and employees?
4. How does participant feedback inform your organizations' future direction?
5. Why do you think your culture represents the best choice for older adults who want to engage in wellness?
6. Regarding your wellness culture, what are you most proud of? And why?
7. Describe how your built environment is used to create a sense of well-being?
Please upload 3 images that illustrate your community’s built environment. (must be jpg)
8. How do you educate/promote/coach participants and employees to embrace and adopt wellness?
9. How do you empower participants to take active or leadership roles in shaping wellness programs or contributing to the community’s overall culture of wellness?
10. How do you ensure that all participants are supported on their wellness journey?
By submitting your application, you show your agreement with the following:.
You grant ICAA all-time worldwide rights to publish your ICAA NuStep Beacon or Pinnacle Award application content (including photographs and illustrations) in all print and electronic formats now known (e.g., housed online or printed as a best practice) or devised in the future. ICAA may publish your content in additional media, for example, as an article reprint.
You are welcome to use materials provided to you as a winner of the ICAA NuStep Beacon Award or Pinnacle Award program on your organizational website or in your organizational publications or training materials. In these same ways, you may also use ICAA-created content featuring your organization as an ICAA NuStep Beacon Award or Pinnacle Award recipient.
ICAA asks that all ICAA-created content be properly credited to the association and, where applicable, the author and the original ICAA publication, including the publication name, volume and issue. Any credit must also include the relevant ICAA website address (e.g., www.icaa.cc or
Finally, you must approach ICAA for permission to reprint ICAA-created content in any publication other than those belonging to your organization.
Please provide photography or illustrations as part of your award submission. You can send digital photographs at a resolution of 300 dpi or higher (the highest possible resolution on your camera) for print and 96 dpi or higher for electronic use. You may also provide a snapshot. ICAA may create illustrations using these photographs.
If a photo is used in ICAA print and/or electronic formats, you will be asked to confirm that you have the rights from the photographer and the model to grant ICAA all-time worldwide rights to publish the photos.