This award recognizes a senior living community that fostering an environment that embraces wellness as a way of life for all who live and work in the community. Using the dimensions of wellness as a foundation, these communities partner with residents and staff to create relevant, meaningful opportunities that empower participants to improve their quality of life.
*Contact first name
*Contact last name
1. How do you know wellness is woven into the fabric of your community’s culture and not just a program in a room? Provide examples from the perspective of residents and employees.
2. What would you describe as your most innovative and successful marketing messages and/or strategies?
Please upload 1-3 sample brochures/marketing materials. (must be pdf file)
3. Could you describe ways that you inspire and measure engagement or participation by both your residents/employees?
4. How does participant feedback, or results from information gathering, inform future direction and decision-making?
5. Why do you think your community’s culture represents the best choice for older adults who want to live in a wellness-based community?
6. With regard to your wellness culture, what would your employees and residents be the most proud about and why?
7. Why do you think your community deserves this award?
8. Describe how your community is using the physical environment to create a sense of well-being for those who live and work there?
Please upload three images that illustrate your community’s wellness environment. (must be jpg)
9. How do you empower residents to take active or leadership roles in shaping wellness programs or contributing to the community’s overall culture of wellness?
Provide example of resident(s) who embody this leadership.
10.How do you educate/promote/coach residents and employees to embrace and adopt wellness concepts?
11.How do you ensure that your residents in all levels of care are supported on their wellness journey?
By submitting your application, you show your agreement with the following:.
You grant ICAA all-time worldwide rights to publish your ICAA NuStep Beacon Award application content (including photographs and illustrations) in all print and electronic formats now known (e.g., housed online or printed as a best practice) or devised in the future. ICAA may publish your content in additional media, for example, as an article reprint.
You are welcome to use materials provided to you as a winner of the ICAA NuStep Beacon Award program on your organizational website or in your organizational publications or training materials. In these same ways, you may also use ICAA-created content featuring your organization as an ICAA NuStep Beacon Award recipient.
ICAA asks that all ICAA-created content be properly credited to the association and, where applicable, the author and the original ICAA publication, including the publication name, volume and issue. Any credit must also include the relevant ICAA website address (e.g., www.icaa.cc or
Finally, you must approach ICAA for permission to reprint ICAA-created content in any publication other than those belonging to your organization.
Please provide photography or illustrations as part of your award submission. You can send digital photographs at a resolution of 300 dpi or higher (the highest possible resolution on your camera) for print and 96 dpi or higher for electronic use. You may also provide a snapshot. ICAA may create illustrations using these photographs.
If a photo is used in ICAA print and/or electronic formats, you will be asked to confirm that you have the rights from the photographer and the model to grant ICAA all-time worldwide rights to publish the photos.